Friday, February 18, 2011

What I learned...

            From Mykaella's blog I learned that the immigrants that came from Japan were mostly men and when they got to the US they started farming and doing hard labor jobs and were treated very poorly. Some immigrated to the mainland of the US and the others immigrated to Hawaii because they could not afford to get to the mainland. I also learned how the japanese were treated while there was war between US and Japan, they could not go anywhere because they were always mistreated and they were put into custody as enemy aliens. I liked this blog because it shows everything that the japanese went through to get to the United States.
            From Stephanie Rivera's blog I learned that one of the groups that mostly migrated to the US were the italians. They migrated for many years and mor and more came every year. The italians came just looking for a better life. Once the italians were here in the United States they had to take low class paying jobs. I also learned that the Italians worked very hard and they went up from classes, they went from lower class to middle class and kept growing. I liked this blog because she explained everything very good and I wanted to hear some history from where my ancestors came from.
            In Arshad's blog I learned many more things about the Irish immigrants. I kept learning on how bad it was for the Irish to come over here. He was born in Puerto Rico and then he moved right away to Palestine. I liked his blog because he kind of immigrated to a lot of different places and he learned many things from those places. He had a hard time immigrating especially in the United States when 911 happened because everyone thought that he was a terrorist.
            What I learned in Carlo's blog is that his family all originated from Spain and my dad's part of the family also was from Spain, so we have things in common. I also liked how his grandpa was called Pepin, that's a funny name. His family worked very hard to get to the United States and if they can get here with hard work everyone should too. In his blog I also learned that once they got over here they worked very hard and made their own businesses in Hatillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment